Monday, December 17, 2012

A Post

   So obviously we haven't been using the blog much... Eh he... partly my fault, partly me not knowing what to do.
   I promise you all that things will start going full speed starting January, February. That's how it happened last year, anyway, and we had a whole bunch of fun, so don't worry. It's not like you signed up for art club for nothing!
   I'm not completely sure what to blog about... right now I'm blogging because I figured we needed a new post. Also I'm procrastinating. But more the fact is that we needed something else to read.
   What do you all suppose I should write about as we wait for things to get going? Ah! I know! The Grand Plan!


   So, I guess this could be called an update. I'm going to summarize the idea of our main project (hopefully correctly.)
   OUR PROJECT: It is a tiled mural, generally, and it is full of color and individuality. Each artist will be granted their own tile, (made of some wood of sorts) which they can cut up into smaller pieces of tile or share with another person to work that tile as a collaborative tile. The focus and main idea with the art that will be placed on these tiles will be change- how has life/high school/ideas/thinking changed for the particular artist lately? How have they dealt with this change?
   The more complex ideas, the more intense changes and pictures will be colored more in neutrals, signifying that the idea itself is more significant than the appearance. The more simple, or less chaotic/complex ideas of change will be colored in more saturated hues and values, bright and blasting.
   The simpler and more saturated tiles will be in the middle, right next to each other as if they are puzzle pieces. As you get farther out from the center, though, the tiles will get progressively neutral in color and more complex in thinking. The tiles will start to "float" away from the center, and it will look as if the whole tile mosaic is slowly exploding.

  I think that sums it up. What do you guys think? I think it will be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment